Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Beginning to Whine.....


Here's a funny Olan Mills photo of Grandmother, Terry & me....I was about 5 or 6 years old.
OK....I'll just the the worst news out.....my dearest friend in the world, ALICIA SCUDDER was just diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. She has an MRI on the 17th. Her son BEN is getting married on April 9th. Then she will have very aggressive surgery & chemo following the wedding. I really don't know what else to say....just that it really sucks....
John's new hearing aids have made him a new man! It has made ALL the difference in the world....he goes for his second appointment tomorrow and they will turn them up a little more. They start out at a low volume so that he can get used to the sounds each week. I can't begin to say how much our lives have changed because of it!
Allie's house is doing the roommate shuffle, but the outcome looks good. She is loving substituting in Colonial Heights. She was with the autistic kids today....said she couldn't do it all the time because she just gets too involved and attached!
John bought a new HONDA CIVIC. Now we are in the process of selling his 2002 Camry. Drove to Carmax in Midlothian today to see what they would give him for it. He has signs in the windows so we'll see if anyone bites this weekend.
We are enjoyin watching an episode of GREY'S ANATOMY each evening together....started with season one and are now on season two.
Allie & I leave for London on March 28th.....back in 8 days. Tim's grandmother, Edith, is still in the hospital in Norwich after suffering a stroke. She is really a tough little lady.....I know we will spend some time in Diss with family....then the three of us plan to go to Rome for a day.....and possibly Paris again for the day.....it sounds very posh, but we are really gypsies!
So many good things are happening.....but my heart is broken and frightened for my friend....

No comments: