Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Scrambled Brains



This photo was taken about 1962 when we first moved to Gloucester. We were a rag tag little bunch! I posted this because of my memories of Gloucester. As u saw in my last posting, the county was ravaged by tornados this past weekend. It breaks my heart about the destruction of the old high school. I really cherished so many of the hours I spent in that building....but, alas...it's just a building so have to get over it!

So much is going on...I feel like I have been trying to catch up ever since we returned from England. It was SO wonderful over there not having to keep a phone by me! I guess I am going to turn into one of those old ladies that talks about the good old days.

Workcamp is getting closer and closer. Allie is pushing to get into grad school.

I visited with a 91 year old Petersburg resident yesterday and had her give me her feelings about the Civil War. It was quite extrodinary!

I can't remember if I posted it or not, but we have a new little dog in our lives. His name is Louie. He was wandering near Alicia's house....tried to find his owners, but no takers. Had the vet do a "snip snip" and they ended up pulling one of his teeth also. He is 6 years old and he and Will are best buds now. Their personalities are SO different. Lots of fun having them both around.

John is living his new Honda. He feverishly types every morning....looking forward to Easter Sunday.

Alicia sees her surgeon again today....she is really wanting this show to get on the road! She, Ellen & I went up to Allie's last nite for dinner. Al was the perfect little Southern hostess. Housemate Carl shared the evening with us and it was good food, good conversation and a good time!

P.S. Happy Passover (late!)

No comments: