Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wheelchair Ramp, Dance Revue & A Virus

(Somebody's rump as we neared the end of building the ramp today)
(Ellen Rose in her dance revue last weekend)
Now is the time when the Romaine household kicks into gear! I haven't been able to write, because I have some sort of virus. Headaches, bad body aches and a fever that peaked at 103.5!
On the evening of May 29th, we went to Ellen's dance revue. I must admit it was a little unsettling going into Moore Middle School. I am so glad those years are OVER! After the show, Alicia & Ellen came by and swam with Al and we fired up the pit. So much fun and relaxing!
It wasn't long after that I started to just not feel well. I was having serious headaches & body aches so I thot I was having a fibromyalgia flare. John felt of me one evening and said to take my temperature. It was 102.1! I have been walking around with it for days. By the time I got to Patient First, my temp was 103.5. I am MUCH better today, but Alicia drove me out to the site where they built a wheelchair ramp today, and I am glad she did. She is such a good friend.
There were about 15 people there today. We built a ramp for a young man in his late 20s who used to the running back of his high school football team. His mother has had an intense time getting him diagnosed and he is slowing deteriorating day by day. He is in a motorized chair now, but they had no way to get him in and out of the house. His brothers literally carried him up and down the steps. The weather was perfect and the ramp was finished in a day by the volunteer staff for workcamp. Now we have a number of staffers that are familiar with how to construct a ramp in case the kids run into any questions. You can see all of the photos at my FACEBOOK page.
It's really wonderful to see Allie feeling good and back to her old self! My mission now is still to look for cheap airfares for Al, Drew and I to London. I have enough air miles saved, so I am searching for the two of them still. Gotta purchase them really soon tho!
I shaved about a pound of hair off Will. The pool water is finally balance and clear. Jerry is starting on our deck rejuvination on Monday. I've been to see ANGELS & DEMONS twice and loved it! Allie and Drew went to see Willie Nelson at Innsbrook where the crowd was just as interesting as what was happening on stage.
I am of course just skimming the surface of all that has been going on. JUNE is the happening month around here getting ready for the JULY surge of people that "love like crazy!!!!!!"


No comments: