Monday, August 9, 2010

Long Hot Summer!


It is so hot....we are huddled back in the bedroom while the air conditioning man is in the basement trying to make sense of it all. Last Thursday, the storm knocked out our electricity for several hours....when it came back on, our air conditioning did not. And that's all I have to say about that! Just pray!
Camp is over....it was one of the best years ever. If I can figure this out, I can give out a link to the photos for this summer. They are incredible!
It was so good to spend time with old friends and new. I can't begin to express how much it means to have all these people in our lives. They are good, good people....giving people...funny people.....godly people....
We are trying to make the most of our summer before it all disappears. Allie is moving back to Richmond on the first. She, Jillian & Elle are moving into an old house in the up & coming CHURCH HILL section of Richmond. It's a wonderful place...wonderful landlord...going to be quite an experience for them. Al says it's only one year for her and then she is moving on. She wants to use the year to decide whether to go back to school, ....really just figure out where she's going and what's she's doing. I'm so proud of her.
She & I went down to the old Pottery for a day of gathering things for her new living space. We went in the antique mall also....it was a good day. We had wanted to surprise Glenn & Sheila on the way home, but we were both whipped....and hadn't announced our traveling to them.
We leave for upstate NY this Thursday. We're off to see John's family and he is attending his 55th high school reunion dinner on Saturday nite. We love going up there....I know there will be plenty of pics to share from that excursion.
The pool is great, but almost too hot to get in during the day, so we float around in the evenings with the Scudders and listen to the owls.
John awakes each morning and is typing on his laptop before golf. He's full of ideas and thoughts....and his messages are so good...
Al & I had wanted to go to London the end of November.....Edith is getting older and we miss Tim and all of them over there so much. I have airmiles saved for my flight, but am short about 14,000 for Allie's ticket....to fly economy it would take 80,000 air miles and I have something like 66,000....so, we'll sock away some $$ and plan on going over in February. Crossing our fingers.....Wish we knew Richard Branson! We LOVE to fly Virgin!
I'm trying to get the website up and running with the new photos.....I'll post it when I get it figured out.
Stay cool.....stay cool.....stay cool.....
P.S. The photo is of Allie & Delaney......2009

No comments: