Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Been Forever!!!


Goodness....the last time I wrote was right after Donk's! So many events have happened!
Allie has been working steady for Colonial Hgts Schools until Christmas break. We were able to shop together one day altho I had gotten most of my Christmas done early.
Paul, Allie & I went to Busch Christmastown one evening and it was perfect. Took in most of the shows....rode the train around the park and saw thousands of Christmas trees....
I finished my 16 minute film for John's children for Christmas and mailed it just in time.
The snow storm hit Christmas day and we lost electricity briefly. Al and I made an emergency trip to Walmart and we thought we might have to put the turkey out of the refrigerator out into the snow. Jon and his gang from NC and Jeff with his gang from Newport News were put on hold. I think they will come tomorrow and we'll celebrate and eat. I think that's been the hardest part.....missing their visit!
John has gone to the mall to walk since the golf course is closed. Me? I'm curled up with a couple of new books. Tim called from England and we chatted quite awhile. Paige called and we made plans to meet at the Blue Talon on Thursday for lunch.
I'm basically being a slug until the onslaught of workcamp applications begins.....
I hope the snow melts off the roads....but not off th trees....it's so BEAUTIFUL!!!

No comments: