Saturday, November 22, 2014

THIS MONTH IS RACING BY

This past year has been one of many changes for the Petersburg Romaines.  Many of them major life experiences.  I guess that's why I'm up at 3am, having coffee and on Facebook.  Usually I sleep like nobody's business, but I'm up so I'll catch up.
Al and I went down to the Old Union Train Station in Petersburg to meet with "Patty", who will be
Old Union Train Station
Blandford Church 

catering Ben & Allie's wedding.  They will be married November 7, 2015 at historic Blandford Church and then ride down the hill to the old train station for the reception.  We are having so much fun planning and having a year to do the planning is a dream.
It's been a difficult year of job searching for Al, but if all goes well, she will have a job very soon.  I don't want to jinx it, so I won't say anymore.

Since John & I have left Tabernacle Church, it has been quite an adjustment for him.  It has been many years since he hasn't either had a church to pastor or a full time job with the government.  He is finding his niche though.  It's hard for him to just RELAX!
We absolutely LOVE following the VCU RAMS Men's Basketball team!  Tickets are way expensive, so we curl up in bed and yell at the television screen!  Coach Shaka Smart has quite a team this year.
Weber dunking
   It's been a year since my best friend, Alicia, passed away from breast cancer.  We have traveled a journey with her kids since her death.  Going  abandonment, eviction (well, you name it, their dad has done it!) has made this past year challenging.   It's all good now though.  They have a cute place to live, more extended family (from workcamp) and a bright future.
My Uncle Bill (mom's brother) passed away last month so we all gathered for a memorial service.  It was so good to see all the cousins and spend time with Susan in her home.  I sure hope we all can get together during the holidays!  
The grand ladies at Uncle Bill's memorial
Moving day for Kent & Ellen
   It is hard to believe that it has been one year since Allie & I were in Nablus, Palestine.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of all of them.  My life was profoundly changed by that trip.
Well, we'll be getting ready for Thanksgiving.  We will have John, Ben, Allie & I,  Ellen and her grandma are cooking the turkey and "fixings", so all of them will be joining us for the day.  We are planning a trip down to see the Plotts soon...very soon!  I have begun looking at houses and visiting families for next summer.  That in itself is a blog.  I will try to share more next posting.      

No comments: