Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WHAT TO WRITE? WHAT TO WRITE?

Well, I lied.  I promised myself to get back to writing regularly, but it just didn't happen.  Now there is so much to share I don't even know where to begin!  It's going to be pretty random.
The biggest theme running through our lives is the wedding preparations.  We've bagged lavender to throw, picked out tablecloths, gathered vintage plates for the reception, made the table numbers, and the list goes on.  The major happening though was THE DRESS.  Al met Paul in NYC for the final try-on.  It is so beautiful.  She rode the train up to Penn Station and stayed at an old,old hotel.  I want to post the pics so badly, but alas, everyone is going to have to wait!

My Uncle Bill passed away early in the year, so we all gathered up in the mountains to celebrate his life.  Ben and Al stayed in Roanoke and I stayed with Susan.  I love the picture below of all of us gathered at the church.
                                                                                                                                     

There have been births and deaths.  We just attended a sorrowful graveside service at Blandford yesterday.  Katie Barksdales little 3 month old girl died unexpectedly from SIDS.  I drove to Warrenton to be with the Mills/LeFever kids....their mother passed away very unexpectedly.
There are SO many babies to be born:  Brad & Sarah are having a little girl, SADIE.....both of Al's friends in Richmond are having babies this summer, Ben's brother is expecting a little girl again around the end of the summer.  Cindy Hass is expecting in October.
We had a chance to visit Glenn and Sheila a couple of times.  Paige, Allie and I had lunch in Williamsburg....we hadn't seen her since over a year.  '

The gang from Palestine won't be coming to workcamp this summer because it is just too dangerous....ISIS is hunting Christians and killing them.
I had the chance to visit the Federal Prison and witness a program called Letters from DAD.  You can read about it on my facebook page.

See, I'm already tired of writing and I haven't even covered an iota of the things that have happened.  Oh well....more later

No comments: