Tuesday, March 15, 2016

It's A Good Day For Sleeping

I guess there is a lot going on....my list keeps growing longer and longer.  For every one thing I check off , I add two :)  It's all good though, just my brain doesn't multitask as well as it used to..

 I am tap dancing as fast as I can to raise the money for plane tickets for ten of our Palestinian friends.  I set up a go fund me site, but lots of folks aren't savvy when it comes to gifting online.  I'm getting a chance soon to do another presentation on Palestine.  It will be for the Wesley U.M.C. youth group and any other interested parents.  It is a church that is deeply committed to hosting the Nablus group once they get here.  So many strong friendships have been formed between these two groups.  I received word that Sami's mother passed away this week.  I have to guess when I see the Arabic online...Allie fills me in.
Allie & Ben are enjoying their life together.  I Facetime with Allie several times a day when she is with little Zoey.  Her Reiki happening was postponed in Roanoke.  Her instructor's dad had a stroke.  I'm sure she'll hear something again soon.  Ben is working days for three weeks so they are excited to not be ships passing in the night with different work schedules The new ID bracelets arrived the other week for summer workcamp.  I believe we will do the t-shirts in yellow this year because yellow was Charlie Curtis' favorite color.
Jeffrey just completed a school bus ROAD-EO in Louisville, KY . He had lots to jabber about on the phone yesterday.  I miss seeing him during the year.
I plan on going to the florist today to pick up a palm frond so that I can weave some crosses for John's folks at First Christian for Palm Sunday.  Will post a picture of one.  It's relaxing to do while I watch a couple shows in the evening.
John and I watched "THE HEART OF THE SEA" , a movie loosely based on Herman Melville's "Moby Dick".  Good movie!  The daffodils are blooming early this year.  Picked a bunch for Al to take back up to her house the other day.
Better get busy.  My list is calling me:)

No comments: