Monday, October 17, 2016

AHHHHH!! COOL WEATHER!

Painting by Alexina Romaine Portyrara
 It's October....So much is happening it's difficult to keep track of everything.  John & I have been in a flurry doing things around the house that have needed to be done for ages.  We are slower, but it's getting done little by little.  The deck is ready for staining, pavers powerwashed, pool flocked, chimney ceiling repaired, living room painted....and the list goes on.  I just love this time of year.
Workcamp has started creeping in through.  I am working on the final financial report today because we have a WRAP-UP MEETING on Sunday.  I love this meeting....it seems like years since I seen these wonderful friends.
Allie and I have had a couple days of fun painting her house.  The siding and rails on the porch.  Next is the porch floor.  Their old home is so warm and welcoming.  Ben has become "Mr. Ben" to the neighborhood little boys....helping them repair their bikes.  He helped run a drifting/race event in northern Virginia this past weekend. It is a passion of his.  Al is awaiting word from Ascend Hospice and them using her Reiki.  She and I are photographing one of her friend's weddings this coming weekend in a park in Richmond.
John is heading to New Mexico on the 27th to visit David for a few days at his home in the mountains.  He's been promised horseback riding through the canyons.  This is a huge deal for him...so glad he is heading there for a few days.  While he is gone, Ben and Al are coming down to help split and stack wood.  There are two piles like the one above!
The presidential election is the elephant in the room.  I really don't want to discuss it.  It has become so lewd and outrageous.  Donald Trump is a wicked and evil man.  John, Al and I are going to vote early this week so that we don't have to walk through the people at the polls.  Election day is going to be stressful enough without having to walk a gauntlet.
I love my new endocrinologist.

No comments: