Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mormons, Water Aerobics & A Nun

(Al & Drew at Ashlawn-Highland this past weekend)
Yesterday was quite a variety of happenings. Al had spent the nite with us because she was under the weather. She and I got up early, met Alicia, and we drove to Richmond.....dropped Al off at class. Alicia and I then headed up Monument Ave to the Mormon church to check out their genealogy library for a few hours. I hadn't been there in over 20 years! We did lots of digging and had loads of fun!
We met Al and went to the Village Cafe for lunch in the middle of the VCU campus. Good food...lots of laughs.
We all drove back to Pburg where Al went immediately to bed and waited for a call from the doc.
I am so proud of myself....went to water aerobics and to my surprise, the water held two friends! One was a mom from our old days at VACS (VA Assn. of Competitive Swimming) when Al used to swim year round. The other friend.......SISTER PATRICIA from the convent around the corner! Yep, I am doing water aerobics with a nun!
Al started feeling better, so she headed back to her little nest in Richmond....she was home only temporarily for some TLC.
I CAN'T WAIT for the VP debates tonight! This is going to be a hoot! I'm popping corn! It might be as entertaining as Couric/Palin on SNL!

WORKCAMP NEWS
October is here!!! That means Wrap-Up meeting, mailing list update and getting ready to roll NOV 1st to begin looking at houses!!!! WHEW!



No comments: