Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ups and Downs....Mostly Ups!

Christmas eve service at Tabernacle was small and intimate.....and a wonderful way to begin Christmas. Allie sang beautifully while the candles were lit. Afterwards everyone shared laughter and food in the fellowship hall.
Christmas Day was SO quiet, but we expected that. And it was a good thing. Allie's shot effects really kicked in and it was like she had had chemo. We spent the day lounging and watching MAMA MIA and other videos, but she really began hurting later in the afternoon, early evening. After dealing with the side effects she fell asleep and rested for over 12 hours......
Next day....she was MUCH better! I had jumped up early to head to my favorite place, (not!) WALMART to get all the final necessary food items for preparing our big meal the next day. Al left to go to the Murphys....and she returned early evening with Drew. Jeffrey had postponed his arrival until the next morning.
Al andI began a cooking show that no one could match. Drew filmed a little. We baked a Chiffon Pumpkin Pie and a Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding . Spumonte and cooking and then bed.
Turkey was in the oven at 7am along with the yeast rolls rising. Jeff, Jon, Elaine, Jennifer and Eliz arrived about 11am.
We had lots of food and giggles and stories. *!%*! lava lamps that I bought for the nieces were lemons...gotta take them back!
Jeff had to leave at 1pm to head down to Seaford for the wedding rehearsal. Drew and Al had to leave at 3pm to head to Epiphany in Richmond for a baby christening.....Drew was the godfather. The rest of the gang left about 4pm. I layed across my bed and the next thing I knew John was telling me it was 6pm....WHEW!
I layed like a slug on the couch and watched the repeat of the opening ceremony of the summer Olympics in Bejing. I'm conserving my energy. Lots of travel, fun, relatives and more food tomorrow at the wedding!
Allie is really pushing herself.....I'm trying not to be a crazy mom!

No comments: