Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

(This is a photo of brothers Jon David & Jeffrey at Brienne's wedding reception)
I traveled down to Newport News on Sunday the 28th for Brienne's wedding by myself. Allie was totally exhausted and still experiencing some of the side effects of her shot. The wedding was in a small church near Yorktown and was precious. The church was packed. After the ceremony, everyone made their way to the Newport News City Park where the cars were treated to driving through the park's Celebration Of Lights. A shuttle from a parking lot carried guests to the reception at The Pavilion near the golf course. I opted to say my goodbyes before the reception and began my game of "dodge the deer" on my trip home.
New Years Eve came and went quietly. It's been a wonderfully quiet few days to sort of regroup and prepare for the tsunami of workcamp registrations that will be at the post office today. This is always an exciting time for workcamp. I have the feeling that the camps may both be full by this evening.

No comments: