Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Family


I awoke this morning ready to chomp out a lot today.....only to find that it was MLK day and my major points of encounter were closed! I did visit a new resident and assess her house for this summer and then headed to UKROP'S to get some eats for us and for Al's apartment. Allie and I spent a little time at her apartment, but I was so task oriented that I literally was making her crazy! She was trying to regroup after expending a lot of energy this weekend and needed to just veg out.....She is pretty amazing at juggling this endometriosis and all of the side effects of the meds she has to take! I am so proud of her....especially the person she has grown to be. She is so beautiful and doesn't have a clue she is!

This past weekend....it was a hoot! We went to Horsepasture (Martinsville) VA to see relatives that we hadn't seen in couple of years.....some we hadn't seen in 10 years!! It was kind of a Morton get together without a funeral....that's usually when we get to see each other! There was lots of good food and chatter....it was freezing outside, so we ALL HUNG OUT IN THE BASEMENT and swapped stories.
Tomorrow I will spend the day recording the inauguration.....Ben Scudder will be marching in the parade playing the bagpipes with VMI!
It's supposed to snow/sleet tonight!
Guess who is joining us at WORKCAMP 2009 both weeks this summer....RIDGEWAY ADDISON!!!!


No comments: