Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Things Are A Little Slower

(I love this photo of Allie at THE SEA in EPCOT)
Things have slowed down just a little around here. It's good to be home and taking care of the "nest". You know the old saying "the cobbler's children have no shoes". Well, the workcamp director's house needs painting! JR and I are planning on starting the interior painting today or tomorrow.
Allie and Drew will be in Nags Head until Saturday. I miss them after spending so much time with them in Florida.
Alicia is directing a small children's camp out at CAMP KEHUKEE this week. I went out there to help out last nite. We did some music and energizers. Then Jason the Juggler/Magician was there. I was checking him out for workcamp, but I believe the teens would eat him alive! He is funny....so corny that it's funny!
Shopping for a gift for Lindsay & Matt's baby. Allie and I are going to a shower on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to see Lindsay pregnant. She has been studying at Notre Dame all summer, so this will be the first time we get to see her! Erica Balmer Hanchey is going to be induced on Sunday if her little one doesn't start making his way into the world in Texas.
I am avoiding working on the final financial balancing for workcamp and also procrastinating going into the warehouse to search for a couple of missing tools. Ugh!
JR's son in law, John Crowder is recovering from a surprise quadruple bypass surgery. We are very thankful!'
I drove to Newport News last Friday for Mrs. Lilley's funeral service. Then I swung by the Plott's in Toano to return Glenn's robe that JR had borrowed for the wedding he did in June. Hope they have fun with the rice cooker we got them !
We're making plans to go down to the Hickory Community Theater in October. Edyth is directing the SOUND OF MUSIC & it also looks like Cassidy will be playing the part of Marta. Gotta see it!
Debbie D (across the street) and her grandaughter Bri came over to swim yesterday. Can't believe how much that little girl has grown....
We may head down to Donk's next Saturday also....last show before the school year begins.
Already have typed out a timeline for the wedding planning....SO MUCH FUN AHEAD for me and my girl!

No comments: