Friday, December 11, 2009

HO, HO, HO!!!

Here's Al & Ben at the Prince George Parade last Saturday. Alicia , Kent & a few friends were all there.
This week really has gone by quickly. Al moved thru her finals with flying colors! Looks like May is going to be the graduating date!
The phone has started ringing....youth groups making sure of registration dates....residents wanting their homes to be assessed.
Alicia & I took the US Census exam....we both hope to work the 2010Census. After all the genealogy research, I really wanted to be part of one census!
I found a tidbit on my most distant relative the other nite. It was the first clue I have found in more than 15 years! It was a note at the Richmond Virginia State Library. A small hand written note by someone appointed in Amherst to write for ROBERT ANDERSON EAGLES....asking the status on his claim with the US Disability and Artificial Limbs commission. Apparently his application had been lost and he never received any compensation for his serious injuries in the Civil War. I could go on and on!!!!! It was dates Oct 1874. I plan to go up and get a copy of it ASAP!
There is an exhibit in old towne Petersburg tonight. Edgar Allan Poe & his wife honeymooned in a building down on W. Bank Street. An artist has done a painting and is signing prints there tonight ....would love to get one for Al for Christmas....will see.
She and another Protestant friend are going to Shabat (nite one of Hannakah) tonight at temple in Richmond just to say they have been to one! O these crazy Religious Majors.
The house is all Christmased out.....I am organizing the attic as I take things down for Christmas. The attic and the meemaw room are going to look really good after this holiday.
Praying for my dear friend Darlene in Ohio. Her sister was just diagnosed stage 3 cancer.....it's going to be a challenge for all of them....Darlene is one of my "life friends".....I love her & Randy dearly.....
Jennfer's basketball game was rescheduled so it looks like we will head to NC on Tuesday.
Well, gotta wish "Buzzy" Brian Romaine, John's brother a happy birthday today!
AND WE ARE HEADING FOR DONK'S TOMORROW NITE!!!! Ye Hawwwwwwwwwww!

No comments: