Thursday, December 3, 2009

Long Time, No Blog!


First of all , imagine me thirty pounds lighter....Such fun! Jeffrey & I onstage at workcamp in 2008. I don't think we'll do the LIGHT & FLUFFY skit again! Jeff had way too much fun! Well....I had a bit of fun too!
Jeff came up for Thanksgiving. JR made a quick trip to Newport News to see family. The Scudders came over later in the evening for a short visit.
Allie & I have made a couple of trips to the mall to have lunch with Alicia & to talk to Santa. The two of us are considering working as census takers in the spring. It really pays well, but the big thing is the genealogy. Our family history hunting has made both of us anxious to be part of the 2010 Census.
Last nite was quite a storm. We got three inches of rain. I went to pick up Ellen from school and several of the roads were covered with water....I watched the vehicle before me to make sure that they could be forded.
I should go get the Christmas tree....not much dry time before it is going to rain again. We are planning to go to the Prince George Christmas Parade this Saturday, but it may not happen because of cold rain....we'll see.
I have done a smithering of Christmas shopping.....it's so hard to walk by the sales. Had to fork out a big chunk of money for property tax today, so shopping is postponed a bit.
Next week is Al's exams and then she is finished for the semester, with only one semester to go! So proud of her. She was really hit hard this week with some news from a "friend". I am so proud of her taking the high road. She is my example....I have to take my lead from her even tho I want to hurt some folk.
I will begin looking at houses this month for camp. I usually try to get about 5 under my belt before January. This year is going to be a fantastic summer! I am so thankful for each year that we celebrate with other workcampers.
Next Friday we hope to go see Jennfer's basketball game in NC....and then Donk's Christmas show on Dec 12.
Al has some incredibly exciting "paranormal" activity that will happen soon....I don't want to steal her thunder, so I will wait to write more.
It's all good....Now I just have to repair some "popcorn" ceiling .....ugh!

No comments: