Friday, December 18, 2009

Where Has The Time Gone!!!


I have no idea where the time has gone. I don't think I have ever been so unprepared for Christmas. I STILL have shopping to do! We really want to get together with Paige sometime. We won't be having our annual Christmas gathering at her house because they have their hands full helping out Mr. Lilley now that Mrs. Lilley has passed on. Then they are heading to Tennessee right after Christmas.
We ended up not going to DONK'S. The drive that night was going to be a killer...so we helped out a little with Alicia's children's Christmas program Thus the photos....it was really quite neat. She had folks sign in with the census and then pay their tax in Bethlehem and then visit different venders.....then they ate and heard the Christmas story.
Al had a beautiful candlelit prayer service at Our Lady of Lourdes last nite. She has her first PRS meeting on the 28th.
I take the supervisor test for the census on the 28th in Wakefield, altho I am not sure that I could in reality do it and also handle all the WORKCAMP planning. We'll see.
John is busy planning the Christmas Eve service. We are supposed to get SNOW tonight into Saturday....and then again on Christmas Eve! Our congregation is older, so if that happens, there'll be no services for either. I loved it at Walnut Hill when Glenn always said that the church would hold services NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Some of those services were the BEST!
I have made the biggest find EVER in my genealogy in about 15 years. I traveled to the VA STATE LIBRARY in Richmond but was only able to be there a couple hours. Then, I found photos on Ancestry that I had never seen. The owner returned my call from OHIO and is sending me copies. One is of my g grandfather that I have never seen. I can't wait for the mailman to come!
Edyth's last day at her church is DEC 24th and then she is on leave for 2 months with pay. She is so excited....I hope we get to spend a little time with her and Cass. They would love to go to Disneyworld, but the $$$$.
Al & I gotta quit cooking chocolate chip cookies in the evenings! Oh, Bah Humbug!


No comments: