Sunday, April 11, 2010

Long Time, No Write!










No, I haven't done my taxes yet!!!! I hate it but today is the day....I bought the computer program from H&R Block and decided to try it on my own again. Going to need lots of luck!!
John finished up his Lenten series at Prince George Christian Church and then assisted in their Maundy Thursday service as well. then he prepared for our Easter service at Tabernacle. A friend of his from the golf course passed away a couple of days ago. John was called out to his home to talk with him about 5 days ago. Yesterday he did the funeral.
Allie is really enjoying her last weeks of school. She and her religious studies friends are together a lot. She and Elle went to a Buddahist seminar the other nite. She said it was the most boring thing she had ever attended. I have brought out my old caligraphy skills to see if I can address her grad invites. I sat down at the pool yesterday for about an hour practicing.
YES, THE POOL IS OPEN! I just couldn't wait for all the pollen and the squiggly things to fall. It is so wonderful to look down there and see the water. I have planted pansies and piddled about a little in the yard.
My focus has been on houses and workcamp. I am trying to get ahead.
The reason is that I got a job with the 2010 CENSUS....alicia also. We will be enumerators in our area of Prince George...in the evenings and weekends. At first I thot it might be too much, but I think I can do it! The $$$ is good and I make myown hours. With my genealogy connection , I wanted to be involved in one census in my lifetime...so this is it!
I have enough airmiles on my credit card for round trip airfares for Al & I to see Tim. Maybe in the fall when the rates go down. I'd get more bang for my buck.
Alicia & Ellen came over last nite for a rousing game of CLUE-THE HARRY POTTER VERSION. It was fun, but we were all tired. Think it's the pollen.
I'm getting way too excited about my 40th high school class reunion. It won't be long! I've connect with some friends on the internet and it's going to be a really fun evening. I have the camera ready!
Al's acupuncture & gluten free diet has really made a difference in her health. She is doing great!
As for workcamp....Ms Denise is a hoarder, Mr. James is a musical genius with a cockatoo, Mr. G makes "dummies" and Ms Shirley kicks butt in her neighborhood. That's only a sample of the lovely people that the kids will spend time with this summer! What a blast!














No comments: