Friday, September 10, 2010

Beautiful Day....


The older I get, the quieter I like my birthdays. That coincides with it also being 9/11. So today was just about as perfect as it could get as the day before my birthday.

Registered a brand new church for workcamp. Then JR came home from the Fort Lee course and I scooped up his Toyota. Mine is still being repaired. We loaded Al's TV in the truck with bungie cords and I headed to Richmond. I absolutely love CHURCH HILL and the area. It's so historic. I really want to go up and do the tourist thing one day....St John's Church, the Poe Museum, the Holucaust Museum....just see it all.

I've been looking on Ancestry at the census and now know who was living in Al's old house during certain decades. SO MUCH FUN! She & Jill have even been venturing to the state library in Richmond to nose around!

Allie and I went to TRADER JOE'S ....late lunch at the Hill Cafe....then I headed back to Prince George.

Lazy time watching documentaries with JR about 9/11....and of course, The Daily Show & Colbert!

I called the Plotts and they are up for our visit, so JR & I are heading down to Toano to have lunch with them. The perfect birthday!

The photo is of Al's house in Church Hill!

No comments: