Thursday, September 2, 2010


The photo is of all the family at workcamp week two. From left to right, Lizzie Long, Jeff Long, Jon Long, Allie, me and Jennifer Long. We all look pretty worn out, but it was taken Saturday morning at the final get together.
Well, the big move is over. Allie is now an official resident of Church Hill in Richmond. She is only 1 block away from St Johns's Church where Patrick Henry made his famous "give me liberty, or give me death!" speach. She is a couple blocks from the Edgar Allen Poe Museum. She is about 4 blocks from Chimborozo Park which was the Civil War Hospital where my ggggrandfather was treated during the 'wo-wah". It's a beautiful area....she is near the monestary that overlooks the city of Richmond also. I think the girls will be happy there.
Hurricane Earl is heading in and Jeffrey is battoning down the hatches in Newport News. We are hoping that Earl take a big turn to the right soon!
Now that Al's place is really getting into shape, our house looks like Earl already went thru here! Today I am just regrouping after all the hauling and logistics of yesterday.
John went to the Toyota dealership today expecting a great bargain. They are advertising one and not giving one. He was sorely disappointed with what happened there. It's too complicated to spend time on, so needless to say, they lost a customer!
It looks like we'll have a friendly little group together on the 14th to begin JR's fall Bible study. Really looking forward to that.
We are still counting our pennies and hoping for London in February. I miss Tim so much.
Ellen is swollen up like a chipmunk after having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled.....she's doing OK tho.
I talked with Glenn & Sheila....he was being discharged from the hospital as we were talking. So thankful!
I love it...the hummingbirds are chasing each other around the feeders. I guess I better go down to the pool and take the umbrella down before Earl's wind gets here. I imagine we'll have a breezy time by tomorrow morning. Glad he won't be a guest at our Monday Labor Day gathering!

No comments: