Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Surprises....


It's a dark and drizzly day. It's a good day though. I have been exceptionally productive and that always makes me feel good.

Last night I drove up to Short Pump to Trader Joe's to meet Al & Paul for grocery shopping. They are so much fun to be with. They were both decked out because they had been to a champagne tasting...something to do with the country club where Paul works.
Al is in Hopewell right now at her orientation training for substitute teaching in their school system. I must say that they have the organization down pat as opposed to Colonial Heights....Al's glad to be getting to work!
I have been trying to organize and clean the area of the house where the workcamp desk is. Al took her childhood little "wooden closet" that I had storing my old LP music albums and sheetmusic in. So, I opened the chest in the sunroom to see if there was room for them in there....what a surprise! I have been crying since. There were albums in there that belonged to Grandmother. When she passed away, I just put them in there and closed the chest because it was such an awful time. As I opened them, she had written stories for Allie and me....clipped them together....all kinds of memories.....I must figure out a way to preserve them!
Still trying to figure out how to get John's sermons on a podcast on the web so folks can click on them and listen. I have started a blog for him....hopefully he can have them on there.....fingers crossed.
The photo is of Allie the last night we had down by the pool....If I have posted it before, sorry....I'm on John's computer and it doesn't have many pictures stored on it!

No comments: