Friday, October 19, 2012

Here's What's Happening.....

I just love this time of year!  Much to do but also lots of time to just ENJOY!  I am treating the pool for the final time before turning it off.  Allie flies home for a brief visit on Saturday, so Sunday night we are going to have a fire pit by the pool.  We'll cook hot dogs and smores by the pool...so looking forward to it.
The smoke alarms in the house are going off today...looked it up on the internet and it says that "hard wired" alarms do this when they get dust in them or the back up batteries are bad.  Going to get some "canned air" to blow in them and change the batteries.  :(
I love riding the lawn mower over the yard just to get the leaves!
John's robe looks fabulous!  Now he is dressed he just needs a place to go!  We should have gotten him his own robe years ago.  I still need to upload pics from the Spain's get together the other night.  Will probably take lots of pics this weekend with Al home. 
Wishing this election was OVER!  Great presidential debate the other night.  Got in a little trouble mentioning "Mormon magic underwear" on my facebook page the other day.  Immediately took it off because I hate it when people debate on facebook!  I value other religions, but this Mormon thing has me baffled because it's so secretive....sacred garments, the planet Kolub, baptizing the dead...and the list goes on.  It's OK if this is what people want to believe, but I think if you are running for the highest office in the land, you should be more open about all of this.  Once you declare yourself a public figure, your life is open to all questioning! It's pretty deceptive how they appear "christian" on the outside, but don't want it to be common knowledge about all the secret practices and ceremonies.  I don't think the fundamental right wing has caught on to this.  I'll be SO glad when the election is over. 
Went out to Southlawn day before yesterday and put new ivy on mom's mauseleum stone.  Having a ton of fun looking up OLD workcampers and referring them to our facebook page for the reunion.  Looking forward to seeing all my workcamp buddies soon at the wrap-up meeting.  That's when the big push for the reunion will actually begin.  The brochures for next summer were mailed out the other day also.  I start looking at houses in November. 
Heading out on errands....think Alicia is going to be my sidekick again today. 

No comments: