Saturday, January 23, 2016

THE WHITE OUT


It has been snowing for 2 days.  Not just spitting flakes....I MEAN SNOWING.  The storm was big enough that they named it....JONAS.  I made it out today to the drugstore & P.O. but couldn't make it up the drive and had to leave the Toyota at the bottom of the hill in our driveway.  Here's


  Here's a picture of Ben & Allie's house in Richmond.  Don't know when we are going to get out of our houses.  I think we all agree, two days is enough.  I can't complain though.  
We woke to really painful news this morning.  DONK's THEATER in Mathews collapsed under the weight of the snow & ice on the roof plus forcing winds.  I don't even know what to say about it.  It has been such an integral part of so many lives including our family's.  Jeffrey, Lynda and all are in shock.  

Thank God no one was in the building.  I have so many photos and wonderful memories of special times spent there. Jeffrey was a regular every show.  
Other things have happened.  We sent Jennifer (Long) a floral bouquet for her first day of student teaching in a NC elementary school.  Comcast is hopefully going to run a cable to our house so we can get rid of the evil Verizon.  Ellen has decided to stay and finish out her undergrad at W & M instead of moving to a smaller school.  
Oh....and I have got to figure out how to raise $14,000 for the Nablus group from Palestine to come to WORKCAMP 2016.  My brain is "fuzzy, snowy".  




No comments: