Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here We Go!







One of the photos is from a workshop we held last week for workcamp churches if they weren't able to put together their own. The second photo is of Allie picking blackberries. We found a wild blackberry bush down by the pool and that started the obsession. On the way home from church the other day, I saw cascades of blackberries by the road. I have been back twice now...Allie made muffins with some of them. It really takes me back to when Grandmother used to dress us in long pants & long sleeved shirts & we would go & pick blackberries for her to make jam. So much fun!

I have butterflies in my stomach....it always happens the week before camp. It is a mixture of anxiety, dread and just plain yuck! Once I see all the other folks that are on staff though, it all just melts away. I have learned just to expect it and deal with it.

Al still hasn't heard from VCU graduate school....nor the job she applied for. She is really dealing well with being in limbo....it's tough!

Tonight we put up the walls in the gym....Thursday the building inspector takes a look at it. I take a van load of "stuff'" to the school tonight.....John has Bible Study tonight at 7pm. I have many loose ends to take care of, but yet, here I am typing on the internet! Goofy me!

No comments: