Saturday, March 10, 2012

March Madness





Our house is far from being sane lately! It truly is March Madness and basketball isn't the only craziness. We are really loving watching VCU beat team after team and looking forward to their first game in Albequerque, New Mexico! So much fun!


Allie flew home late Thursday night. She spent most of the first day home finishing up a huge book review. She, Ben & I went to the old Byrd Theatre in Richmond today to see the movie HUGO (picture). I can't describe it....it was such a sweet, touching movie. Many folks in the theater were quietly crying....I cried on the way home....I just could say why! Guess that's the reason it won Oscars!

Tomorrow is a big day! Lois and I are going to the Landmark Theater in Richmond to see the Broadway production of THE LION KING! The only thing i dislike about this....I CAN"T TAKE ANY PICS! I've heard stories of the wonderful costumes and music.....I've wanted to see it a long time. The show is at 1pm.

Allie was supposed to fly home tomorrow, but realized that she physically had no classes this coming week because of mid-terms....so we changed her flight to Thursday. It's so good to have her home!

This coming week all of the individual applications are due from the various churches attending WORKCAMP 2012. I will be buried under paperwork for a couple of days!

Also, on Thursday night, I travel to Springfield, VA to Grace Presbyterian to meet with the group of folks that are bringing over the Palestinian youth group this summer. I am beyond excited about that! More news to come on that.

President Obama visited Prince George yesterday....I wasn't on the invitation list....

No comments: