Sunday, April 12, 2020

EASTER, PASSOVER, .....

For me a day of silence is my own best worship as we reach an apex of deaths from this pandemic. The world is trying to tell us something. I am feeling that no one in the world has the words for what is happening today that would comfort me. I need to just be quiet and LISTEN with my heart. I must find my own peace.

I'll be listening to Andrea Bochelli sing a prayer for all people...not just Christians at 1pm. He'll be in an empty cathedral in Italy where they have lost a whole generation of people.
God have mercy on us. For me to have a day of music praise feels disrespectful to all others of faith facing this atrocity. Yet, this is what I am used to and grew up with.  I am struggling to find a balance.  




One of the sweetest things I have heard this week is that a friend of mine bought two bags of carrots....one for himself and the other to feed to the bunnies around his dwelling.  That makes me smile in the middle of all this craziness and is oh so spiritual to me.





The daffodils are gone.  The dogwoods are blooming.  I scooped lots of "helicopters" from the pool yesterday.  I woke this morning and couldn't see through the woods because of all the foliage.  It's as if all the leaves and greenery popped out overnight!  

I miss people.  Then I feel guilty because of all the souls that are moving from this life to another today and the hurt their families have because they cannot be with them.  There are people in certain high risk places that I hope and fear for each day.  I'm so glad that Paul got out of NYC just in time, but fear for Darlene's son who is there in the middle of it all.   Allie and I had a fun visit online with Paul in Ohio yesterday.  I'll try to upload the photo next blog.  Thankful he's sober and happy and at peace.  

The next blog I want to post a link to Bocelli's  THE PRAYER.  

Now for some Nat King Cole....."Wise men say....only fools rush in."


No comments: