Thursday, April 9, 2020

JUST CHATTER

For all of us to be quarantined it seems like there is much happening.  My little guy Louie tried to jump up on the bed , missed and stopped using his back left leg.  At the vet, we were instructed not to come in and to sit in our vehicles and an assistant would come out to us.  Long story short, Dr. Phelps came out and said he had torn his knee "m" and that in two weeks I would know about his quality of life and what to do.  My day was full of tears.  BUT...the little booger is doing so well....happy, eating, following me around inside and out (on 3 legs).  I'm so thankful!  


I saw Al for the first time in a month.  She swung by the house to pick up something I set out for her on the porch.  We waved and talked.  This is so so so so strange.  

Walmart looks like a crime scene.  I order groceries online and pick them up at an allotted time...drive up and they put them in the back of my car.  They are only letting a certain number of people in the store at one time, so there are BIG men at the front of the store (which is taped off) and they are counting the number that enter and exit the store.  It's like something out of H.G. Wells.  


Still digging through old photographs to send to Rudy for the reunion which has been moved to the end of August.  

Video chatted with Palestine the other day.  Fr. Jamil was given the news that we wouldn't be able to see them this coming summer.  The logistics were just too fluid and also don't think they would let them into the US this year.  Too heartbroken to talk about it.  

Trying to pick up the guitar each day a little so that I can toughen up my fingers.  Ran across some old photos in an album of some of the places I worked.  Can't believe I played the guitar so much back then.

I love it when I get cards or notes.  Paige my "sister" always sends homemade Easter cards.  Love it!  Plus...I keep them  on my desk and cherish them.  I LOVE GETTING CARDS AND NOTES.  I try to send out at least 2 a day...even before this chaos began, it was one of the things that I always had on my to do list each day.  I guess it's in my DNA.  My mom loved sending and receiving notes.  A card saying how much someone means to you lifts spirits and that is so much of what we need right now. 


Getting ready to walk down Deer Run in a bit.  Was going to vacuum the pool but the wind has really picked up and is blowing bits in the water.  There are two kinds of squiggly things that are falling now.  That's our cue.  When they stop falling the pool is officially open.  No one has swum down there in over 2 years.  Finally.....
Blogger is acting funky again.  I'll try to type more later.   :) 



No comments: