Thursday, April 9, 2020

TREASURES FROM THE ATTIC

I ventured into the attic today...it's been a LONG time I've dug through things.  I was surprised at how neat I had left it the last time I rummaged.  I found a hat box from when I was a 15, was a member of Thalhimer's Deb Council and modeled for them representing GHS in 1966-67.  Lots of news articles, photos...
Below is Allie's LAMB CHOPS cuddle, my old toe shoes and a safety patrol badge that belonged to either Eugene Washer or Pete Shepherd.  I shall find out at the GHS reunion if I go. 


This beautiful little photo of Grandmother was in the bottom of the box.  None of us have ever seen it or remember of seeing it.  It's such a beautiful photo!  I'm guessing the 20 written on the photo is her age.  

Marge Yanovitch is sending me her personal pattern for making face masks for friends during the pandemic.  It will be the first thing I am sewing on grandmothers sewing machine.  She would be all over this mask making!!

I'm still trying to crochet a square every two nights so that I can make another afghan at the end of all this.  So, clearing and updating my TCW desk, clearing the meemaw room to sew masks and play a little guitar each night to toughen up my fingertips.  It all looks good on paper! :)

No comments: