Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wedding & A Baby


I guess the Sisters of Charity have officially moved. It was sad. I called their number at the convent to see if they wanted to go out to lunch before they moved, and I got a disconnected recording. They have been at St Joseph's for 150 years. Now they are being dispersed because of finances and sent to help other places.
JR did a kick %$#@ job on the wedding this weekend. It was definitely not an easy task for him, but he MADE the wedding.
Al is feeling SO much better physically after the surgery. It's a slow recovery, but positive! Paul Bagley came over and spent the nite with her last Thursday. He is such a hoot and it was good to see him!
Leigh Barksdale (Al's childhood friend from across the street) had her baby last Thursday. Little Pierson came home yesterday. Will try to get photos up. I am really getting slow !
I'm planning a day of getting groceries and then cleaning up around the pool. Hoping to have a few friends over tomorrow for Memorial day for food and drink. Then a fire by the pool in the evening.
This will be a busy week. I am looking at houses and coming down to the wire on the selections. Ellen's dance review is this week. I want to go to Toano to take Glenn's robe back and visit with them. And yes, Sheila, I am bringing a rice maker!
We got word in NY from Uncle Mike that John's great Uncle Art passed away. He was 99 and getting ready to celebrate his 100th bday in September. He was John's mother's brother. A short, cute little Frenchman. Hmmmm, sounds like somebody I know!
Gotta run thru the carwash....LOTS of little birdies "doo-dood" on it when we were visiting the baby yesterday.
Gonna try to beat the church people to Walmart!

No comments: