Friday, March 19, 2010

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling!

This week has been a flurry of activity...and I don't know why it seems like that when I look back on it.
Sunday turned out to be a wonderful day. I went to the final service of Walnut Hill Baptist Church. I had hesitated to go...I just didn't want to be part of a sad service. There were so many old friends there though and seeing them made all the difference in the day. I took daffodil pins to put on all the old youth group members. Glenn & Sheila were there also! I still don't really understand the closing....and John & I wished we were about 20 years younger and we might have......
Allie is off this week because of spring break. It's good to have her home & relaxed. We have been staying up late so I am dragging a little. She's had a chance to go out with friends and then curl up at her place for quiet.
I looked at two more houses this week. There has been some confusion in coordinating with Elderhomes & Rebuilding Petersburg. I would hate for it to be said that 'I don't play well with others" so I am making a special effort to untangle the snag.
Sunday was the deadline for all the workcamp church applications, covenants, transportion info, etc to be in. Of course, only about 1 third of it is in...more than enough to keep me at the computer all day tho. It's all looking good. I reserved the Fort Lee Cosmic Bowling alley for both camps. Now looking at Tuesday nite's concert entertainment. I think I have something, but don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.
The daffodils are blooming and I LOVE IT! I put the photo of Jeff at the top because we are heading to DONK'S tomorrow nite for their OLDIES SHOW. There will be about 15 of us. My old high school friend Debbie is part of the gang and many from her family are meeting us down there. Prior to Donk's, Jessica (allie's childhood friend across the street) is having a baby shower at Blandford UMC. Al made little "Karlee" a crochet hat with a flower on the side....and we both picked out some great books. This is really a milestone tho....I'm feeling like the old lady!
Alicia & Ellen came over last nite. She is working at the mall taking pictures with the Easter bunny. Kent is sometimes the bunny & sometimes he is running the little train. Allie, Alicia & I put our heads together last nite to help Ellen with a poster on the bubonic plague. How fun was that!
Today is Jon David's birthday. I called him at his office this morning. I found one of our older workcampers on Facebook the other nite....turns out he is in Iraq with three months to go. Hopefully all the workcampers will rally and send him notes on the internet.
Wish I could nap a little, but as soon as my head hits the pillow, I think of all the things I could be doing! AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: