Sunday, May 9, 2010

Perfection...that was the weekend!










The past few days have been a roller coaster of emotion. It was the weekend of my 40th Gloucester High School Reunion, Mother's Day, planning workcamp & jumping deep into the census.
Just typing now I am filled with tears. Going back forty years, traveling to Gloucester evoked a lot of feelings. All of the feelings were good, just unexpected. The above photos are of people from my past...people that I love dearly. I hadn't planned to go to the Friday nite happening, but curiosity got the best of me. Plus there were people there Friday evening that I wouldn't be at Saturday nite's event.
Friday night we were at a picnic at a beautiful home on the Ware River...food...old friends...a bonfire. There were about 75 people there....all old friends from forty years ago. To recognize each other, we had to look at our name tags, so a friend & I switched name tags and confused the heck out of a lot of people! So fun!
I drove back to Pburg to get a good nights sleep.
The next day I slept in a little and then headed back to the lower end of Gloucester for a dinner & dance time at the Ruritan Club. First I drove to old stomping grounds and the cemetary to take a few photos. Then I met Mohammed Ihsan at McDonalds so we could go into the gala together. I can't express how good it was to see my Afghan friend. We all spent the evening so engrossed in all of the friendships, music, photos....I was so into talking with folks that I accidently put on someone else's shoes and walked around in them for over an hour before I realized it.
I got home...chatted with Al about her new investigation and we both didn't get to bed until 3am.
For Mother's Day, JR brought me a delicious chicken salad (since I didn't get out of bed until noon!)....I spent the morning on the internet loading photos and laughing at other people's pics from the night before.
The Scudders came over for some cooking out. Our Ben leaves on Tuesday for the Coast Guard, so it was a little gathering for him as well.....another roller coaster of emotion.
I am REALLY enjoying working for the census. I only do a little time each day because of course workcamp fills most of the time. This week I may get the opportunity to do census counts in the Petersburg jail....fun!!
Now the focus begins on Allie's graduation and the fun around it. The tshirt design for workcamp wasn't quite right, so I had to send it back for a redo.
I don't like having to catch up on things in the blog because I know I am leaving out big chunks of time and important events.....






I

No comments: