Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Memorial Day




The second photo is of our Ben Scudder who left last month for basic training in Cape May for the Coast Guard. He is the one carrying the flag. He finishes and is home on JULY 7th for a few days before he gets his first assignment. My bet will be he will be doing grunt work down in the gulf with the oil spill.
The first photo I just love. It's Allie & bestest friend Paul Bagley. Such good friends! I am loving staying connected with my old high school friends thru facebook. I hope to get together with some of the girls after workcamp.
Yesterday I had the funniest conversation while doing the census. A poor Mexican family living in a horrible trailer on 460. We were all laughing and trying to converse while a little 5 year old girl (who learned some English in kindergarten) translated for us! It was hilarious. I know I will have to give up the census job in the near future, but I have really loved doing it. It's been a real learning experience!
Short & sweet!

No comments: