Saturday, October 9, 2010

Snake, Neighbors & Homecoming Photos







Today was the perfect afternoon for a neighborhood picnic. About 40 of us gathered down the street at the Jeter's house by the pond for a neighborhood gathering. We used to have them quite often before all the kids grew up, and it was so good to see neighbors of 20 years! Lots of good food and good conversation. Allie came down from Richmond and brought Paul with her. The four of us had a really great time.
I did take a dead snake to the picnic in a ziplock bag....much to the horror of Allie. Last night I killed this little snake that was at our back door. Daisy the cat had alerted me to it and so I beat the snot out of it with the broom handle. I knew the guys at the picnic could identify it....it was a COPPERHEAD. Now I am looking left & right for them all the time!!!!!
We are still awaiting the final set of DNA tests for our blood origin. Because of Tim's cheek swab, we do know that we are in the "J Haplogroup"....that's all I can say right now.
The Scudders came over briefly tonight so that I could take Ellen Rose & her date's photos before the Prince George High School Homecoming Dance. So cute!

No comments: