Thursday, October 7, 2010

I've Waited Too Long Again!


Just a generic workcamp photo....too busy to dig around today for a picture! I am heading to Petersburg traffic court today for "following too closely" and the accident I had about a month ago. The officer said not to pay the fine, but to come to court because the judge would most likely dismiss it. We'll see!
John's Bible studies are going great. The last one was on David & King Saul...lots of discussion...fun group! Looking forward to next Tuesday.
I should have lots of photos from this coming weekend. Jerry Jeter is hosting a neighborhood picnic like we used to have when all the kids were little! We are so excited to get together with our neighbors....they are wonderful people! Allie is coming down with Paul for the event. Then afterwards we are inviting the Scudders and building a fire in the pit by the pool for one last hurrah. Then we will cover the pool for the winter....I HATE IT! Guess I will put the hummingbird feeders away too.
Al came down yesterday afternoon and we went to a matinee of the movie "Case 39". Creepy, but good. She still hasn't heard from Colonial Heights Schools yet about subbing and has applied for a REALLY neat job part time in Roanoke....don't want to spill the beans just yet in case she gets an interview....it's very interesting tho and right up her alley....there, that's enough hints!
Looks like we might go to Donk's on the 23rd for their Hee Haw show....Lois and gang want to go also.
I'm still looking at plane fares and hoping they will drop for us to go abroad in February....
And now for the big news....Tim in London did a DNA swab for genealogy a couple months ago. He did it for both his mother's line and also paternal line. We are waiting for the results of further testing, but "hold your breath"....it looks like my family is of Jewish descent.....I really don't want to jump the gun on this, so I'm waiting for the certificate, but Allie and Tim are already celebrating! Cross your fingers....would love to be of Middle Eastern descent!
Really want to set up a blog and podcast for JR's sermons. I'll figure it out, but just haven't had a lot of time to play. the Workcamp finances were low....thus our own finances were low....but thanks to Pete A. the Lutherans came thru yesterday with a $5000 grant that will get us thru the end of the year. I went by Home Depot yesterday and began paying off the remnants of our summer orders.
Ok, I guess that's enough to digest for right now.

No comments: