Wednesday, August 24, 2016

THE HEAT IS FINALLY BREAKING!!

 I think this little sign is appropriate in light of the national election campaigning.  Geezzzz!  I can't even watch the evening news without screaming at the television!  Novenber can't come fast enough.
I'm hoping to get down to Toano to visit Sheila soon.  There's also a display in a field near her home I want to see....not going to give this away until I can get down there and photograph it.
Nablus hosts a couple of summer camps at St Philip's.  This is a photo from the first camp.  We had 8 youth and Father Ibrahim join in workcamping this past summer.  Again it changed the perspective.  We had the Workcamp 2016 Olympics since the world was experiencing the regular olympics in Rio.  So much fun!!!!
Allie comes home from Roanoke today. I finished trimming the shrubs in the front of the house.  It involved a 12' ladder.....I am beat from it!  Next I'm going to try to borrow a power washer so that I can do the house, deck and pool area before it gets chilly  This place really needs sprucing up! I put up a new door, painted and added new carpet and plants to the screened porch.  It's finally getting cool enough to sit out there & enjoy.  I also got a new ceiling fan in the spring, but have yet to put it together.  Ben says he'll hang it for me.

No comments: