Monday, December 9, 2013

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH


 
I have vivid pictures in my mind of the humiliation, heartache and hardship put on the Palestinian people as they try to move about in their own land whether it is to work, for medical reasons or just to be with loved ones.  I think if I had been alone, I would have taken more photos of the inhumane treatment of people we love and care about. 

This post, includes websites and photos that others have taken.  I just don't know when enough is enough.  I would like to put all of this on my facebook page, but when people are inundated with everything that I have seen and felt, I imagine their eyes glazing over and saying "There she goes again...talking about those Palestinian people...". 

The next photo is of the checkpoint that our friends have been through many times.  The line of men you see is only one "chute".  There are as many as 4 cattle chutes in a line that can be opened and closed while people are in them for any reason.  Children are separated from their parents. 





Here is an excellent blog/commentary on the individual checkpoints. 
http://commentmideast.com/2011/08/the-metal-bars-of-occupation-checkpoints/

The Harwawa checkpoint going into Nablus....7 people have been killed there....three of them pregnant women trying to get to medical help.  
I have no words.......

No comments: