Tuesday, March 17, 2020

CLOSINGS...BUT ALSO BEAUTIFUL THINGS

 These photos are from just down the street.  We have been so blessed with good neighbors over the years.  Our children grew up together and roamed the neighborhood known as the DEER RUN GANG.  Now that a lot of us are older our time is focused on other things.  Kathy, down the street has always been the animal lover-rescuer.  If we found a stray, off to her house it was taken.

She rescued two of the horses pictured here.  They were by the fence so I stopped to talk to them today.  I tried to get a selfie with Piper, but he was either too quick or I was too slow with my phone camera.  It was probably the latter. 

Kathy came to the fence and asked how I was doing alone in the middle of all this.  And then she offered a wonderful thing.  She said, "Come down and help me brush the horses.  I need help now since here are three of them.  Come anytime."  I will do that.  I called Al and told her and she sobbed.  She will come down after working at home one day in about two weeks and we can see each other without touching and we'll be outside doing something that we both love......brushing those beautiful animals. 

Our little motel in Nags Head called today.  They are closing the bridges to the Outer Banks, only allowing folks that can prove residency passage.  The Virginia Skydiving School called me today and is suspending their jumping until mid April so I will have to postpone.  Hoping for April 18th.  My boy Paul has left NYC to head to his sister's house in the country in Ohio where it is safer.  I was worried about him and was ready to offer him a place.  So glad he's out. 
My home i!  s the perfect recluse.  I hope anyone that is stuck in a hot spot would know they are welcome to come shelter in here until this passes.  Evelyn is in San Francisco and asked me to come visit her out there before all this happened.  I wanted to offer a place here to her, but they can't even come out of there homes now....sheltering in place.  She does have family in Yorktown should she need to escape.  My boy Paul who lives and performs in NYC has left and gone to his sisters in rural Ohio.  It's safe and quiet.  I am so glad he is out. 

I can't figure out how to make the script on this page wrap around any new photos so I am closing this posting down and starting another.  I hate it when I can't figure things like that out

No comments: