Saturday, March 21, 2020

THE VALUE OF TOUCH

I can't wrap my brain around the possibility of no workcamp this summer.  My heart is tender and my head swimming already.  Then Ms Corona comes along and amps everything up.  I do make numerous phone calls and texts to family and friends each day and they do the same for me.  Today I talked at length with Jeff, Jon, Lynn, Darlene, David, Paige....but you know.  Talking is a wonderful thing, but there is no substitute for the human touch.  holding someone, hugging someone, holding hands....our TCW group is a touchy-feely group.  We thrive on giving one another encouragement and love through touch and verbal affirmations.  It carries over to my friends outside of TCW also. I've been so fortunate to have people in my life like this.  



I wish everyone I knew could experience life like this.  That's why I love for friends to come visit TCW when we are in full force.  It's so inspirational. I get very excited when family or friends come to visit us.  
  

Becky's doctor's appointment has been moved until Monday.  She will find out the results from her biopsy then.  Now I am filling the pool with water with the garden hose....3 hrs on and 3 hrs off.  We have a deep well, so no worries about it getting low.  
I drove to Colonial Heights and picked up a pile of applications out of Tori's paper box.  I won't be going to the post office anymore until the curves starts to go down some. I ordered groceries online and went to Walmart and they threw them in the back of the car. 

Songs and music are pouring out of me.  Much of it I won't be sharing with anyone though.  Some of the music is written to share, but some of it isn't...it's private. It's healing.  It's for me.  It's healing and giving me peace...not understanding, but a shot at peace.  

PART OF THE CUISINE TEAM
 

No comments: