Thursday, March 26, 2020

WE CAN ALL SHARE MUSIC

There is SO much wonderful music out there.  What a gift to have all of it flooding into my life at this moment!  Music is healing....music is fun...music is inspiring...music is sensual...music is ageless...music is worship...music tells stories...and music brings people together. 
Any of these songs I list can be  googled to listen to or just tell Alexa the name/artist and voila!


For me, this is one of the best albums of all time.  I remember the first time I saw Bette Midler perform.  It was on the Johnny Carson Show when I was a teen.  She sang through these panes of an old glass window.  I don't even know the name of the song she sang because I was so mesmerized. 
I LOVE to sing along with her. 

Google these songs:
"Some People's Lives"  
"From A Distance"  - a classic
"The Gift of Love"


=================================

Nora Jones - I had never heard of her.  I asked Al about her and she said she's been listening to her for years....OK, ....I like to listen to her in the dark.  
















"Not Too Late"
"Come Away With Me"
""What Am I To You"
"Turn Me On"
"The Nearness Of You"
"Carry O"
"Love Me Tender"
"Sunrise"
"I'll Be Your Baby Tonight"  Bob Dylan Song

And the list goes on!  I love her back up....blues....my, oh, my!!!

============================


Don't even know where to start with this group!!!  Dancing all over the house when I clean!  So much fun to jive around and sing at the top of my lungs!!  Yep, I'm showing my age on this one!! My brother, Jeff....he can really belt this group!!

"Saturday In the Park"
"Just You N' Me"
"Hard Habit To Break"
"You're the Inspiration"
"Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry"
"Make Me Smile"
"Color My World"
and more, and more and more!!!




========================================

I really don't need to say anything about this guy!  I bought the album after he died that his daughter cut.  She used tracks of him singing and made duets....Natalie Cole singing with her deceased father....unforgetable!!





"Unforgetable"
"Mona Lisa"
"When I Fall In Love"
"The Very Thought of You"
"The Autumn Leaves"
and more and  more and more 

========================================


INDIVIDUAL SONGS AND ARTISTS:

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson - let the singing and dancing begin!!
"Make You Feel My Love" - Adele
"Someone Like You" - Adele
"Walking My Baby Back Home" James Taylor
"Close To You" - The Carpenters - love to sing along with this one!!
"I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Raitt, been singing with her a long time!
"Shallow" - Lady Gaga - song of the year 2019
"Say Something" -Christina Aguilera & Colin Smith - song to sob to
"Always On Your Side" - Sheryl Crow & Sting

Any songs by:     The Beatles         Elton John          Whitney Houston

OK, I'm done.   Not really, but a great thing to while we are all shut in, share your  favorite songs, videos...movies.....

GOOGLE ANY OF THESE SONGS and TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!!! AND DANCE!!!





No comments: