Saturday, March 14, 2020

QUARANTINE or ISOLATION?

So I have learned that QUARANTINE is separating yourself and restricting my movement even though I am not symptomatic.  It is a prevention action.
ISOLATION separates sick, potentially infections people from healthy people. 
Right now I am doing my part by semi-self quarantining so that I don't contribute to the spread of the virus. 
A friend brought up this summer's camp last night and how all of this might cause it to be scratched.  In the back of my mind, of course this possibility is there, but my instincts are telling me....settle down, have faith, don't worry....what will be will be.
Financially the camp will be fine.  We don't actually start making any sizable purchases until late June?  Building materials, insurance renewal, t-shirts.  Food isn't ordered until JULY.  All that I am purchasing now is office supplies, phone, internet, van payment. My salary, I can eek by without.   I'm not a high maintenance gal :)
Last year

15 years ago

20 years ago
I am going to treat this slow down as a "retreat".  I can catch up on many areas of my life and others.  I'll still do my scheduled "Do something for camp, Do something for myself, Write at least two encouraging notes to others, Do something I really want to do and something that I absolutely don't want to do, but is necessary".  There is no end to the things I can do around here.  I do miss good conversation with a very few.  I have lots of acquaintances, but only a handful of deep friendships.  

In order to encourage others, I have to get my inspiration wherever I can.  
Not my photo, but I wish it was!
This brings me to where I get my inspiration.  I have known Becky since she was a teen.  She is now one of the kindest, godliest, healthiest, smartest, animal " lovingest" women I know.  I get inspiration from her all the time, and she doesn't even know it. She left the first camp last summer to run home to Warrenton, and came back with a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer - stage 4.  She has daughter, Delaney who just turned 15 and the vivacious Ruthie, who just turned 10. Both are extremely gifted.  Her husband, Jeff, is a man's man but honestly a gentle giant.  

I am in this fight with her 'til whatever the end may be.  This is both draining and inspiring at the same time.  All of her workcamp family have their arms around her and are showering her with love, kisses and whatever else she can use.  This is one of my heart tugs.  

There is no source of inspiration more rich & deep that the residents of Petersburg that I have the sacred opportunity of sharing a little of their lives.  Just this past week I wrote a song about one of them and will post the lyrics and her story after finishing this.  If these folks can endure all that has been put before them in life, I have to be able to suck it up and put one foot in front of the other.  Also, the life stories they share with the kids.....immeasurable.  

This daylight savings time has gotten me all screwed up.  You would think I would be going to bed later....and getting up later.  Nope.  Going to bed WAY later and then waking up before sunrise.  Sometime a nap in the afternoon, but not always.  Think I'll try the sleep thing again....it's not 7:30am yet.  

No comments: