Saturday, March 21, 2020

SONG FOR RESIDENT & REFUGEE


I wrote this song for a resident that I visited about two weeks ago.  It was an emotional visit.  She had been rescued from a nursing home by her cousin who has finally gotten on her feet financially.  Ronda was in a hospital bed...was holding her hand telling her that with the ramp we would build for her she would be able to go outside or anywhere she wanted to go.  She cried and asked me if I was coming back and if I was telling her the truth.  I told her I don't lie.  I drove about two streets away, pulled over and sobbed.  I used to be so stoic.  Now my heart is so raw.  
Dear God, that was before I knew that "Ms. Corona" was headed for Virginia.  Thank heavens , I DO HAVE A PLAN B for this one!  
This song also includes a little refugee girl that came into Al's office.  There is no melody yet, only lyrics.  


 She lay in a bed for ten years...in a place that no one should be.
 Holding on to any hope she could hear or touch or see.
 Then a friend said, "Now you'll come to stay and live with me
 I will care for you, dear one.  I will care for you.."
Because...

Sometimes in our darkest hour a hand appears to hold.
The warmth of just a human touch makes this world seem less cold.
If we can hold on to each other and say as we walk through
"I am here for you, dear one.  I am here for you"

She was littler and little ...trusting every friend and foe
With eyes that saw the best in us...but the worst was all she'd known
Then trusting arms reached down to her and with a voice kind and true
Saying "I'll take care of you, little one.  I'll take care of you."  
Because ...

Sometimes in our darkest hour a hand appears to hold.
The warmth of just a human touch makes this world seem less cold
If we can hold on to each other and say as we walk through
"I am here for you, dear friend.  I am here for you"


No comments: