Sunday, March 15, 2020

SELF IMPOSED ISOLATION - IT'S A RETREAT!!

So, because of the Corona virus pandemic, I'm trying to do my part by imposing isolation on myself.  It's really not much different from my real life.  I'm deep in the woods.  We'll see what's happening after a couple weeks.  
As far as WORKCAMP 2020, we are going full steam ahead.  Thanks to the friend that asked if we had contingency plans for the summer.  We will settle them at the board meeting in May, but it was good to touch base with each of the board members to make sure that we had consensus on ideas and plans.  We are fortunate that we don't actually start REALLY spending money until late June for the camp in July.  Building materials, insurance renewal, food order , 
t-shirts...they are all ordered almost as camp begins. For this reason, we don't have a lot of cash outlay and will be able to reimburse the churches in the event that we have to cancel camp.  
There, I said it!  I am truly a believer that OF COURSE this summer is going to happen!!  I have a "facetime" phone date to talk with Fr Jamil and Sami this coming Tuesday.  I will be throwing up the GO FUND ME site this coming week for the Palestinian team's plane fair.  
I believe I have the design for the tshirts set and am now looking at staff gifts.  I don't want to put it on here though because it is always a surprise.  
The musical theme for this summer is "RESCUE" by Lauren Daigle.  It's an incredible song that inspires all kinds of programming ideas for Edyth to use.  






Today I ran by Gregory Memorial and picked up 4 qts of wonderful home made Brunswick stew....one for me, two for Ben & Al and I ran a quart by Lynn's because she was not feeling well.  



Here are a few more pics of the drift racing the other weekend. Ben drove and I just held on for dear life!!!  I am working on loading up videos....Just need to find the time to figure it out. Gotta post the speed!!




Later this afternoon a small keyboard is scheduled to be delivered from Amazon.  I am so limited in expressing the accompaniment on the piano for the songs I'm writing. I can play the piano, but I am not a pianist and don't do it with ease.   This keyboard will give me the ability to express the songs SO much better and also make the songs sound out like it is sounding in my head.  
Glad it's arriving.  I can only work on WORKCAMP so much each day or I go stir crazy.  The keyboard will help....it's very quiet here for me in the woods and the days are longer.  

No comments: