Monday, March 23, 2020

HAPPY DANCE IN THE STREET

I went to the end of the drive to put the trash out.  I reached into my mailbox and pulled out this beauty!!
:

I literally did a happy dance in the middle of the street.  The idea that someone was actually thinking of me and wanted me to know it!  This is no time for "social distancing" the heart.  Send someone a note telling them you are thinking of them.  Tell them you care about them.  Tell them they are special in your life.  Tell them you love them.  

Talk on the phone with loved ones, family and friends.  FACETIME if you can.  This is so important especially if you live alone or know of someone that is weathering this out alone.  We can't touch physically, but we can touch each other's hearts.  Share ideas and stories.  Share music that you are listening to and see what music they are listening to.  Share pictures...old and new.  

Please, extend some love and care to those that mean something to you.  I don't know how long this is going to go on.  Nobody does. There may be some that we might never see again.  I hate to be morbid, but it's true.  

So no regrets!  Open your hearts and mouths and pens.  And it doesn't matter if you are in a good place emotionally, financially, or just damn upset.   Everyone is.  Our governor says it's a time of sacrificing so that we can end all of this.  It's not what we want....it's what we need to do.  And one of those things is to reach out even if it is hard, difficult or even embarrassing.  People are ready to love each other!  Get with it!  We may lose people we love to just time and distance....lost in the middle of all this chaos. I want no regrets.   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, I wrote this song that gives importance to many people in my life that have come and gone.  Many, like "Tippy" who is one of the names I can mention, just reached out to me the other day from Vermont for a long talk. I have a good memory of times I lived in Gloucester.   Some of the lines are secret and humorous nods to people I love deeply and a nod to the chaos that is happening now.  Some of the lines are from long ago and some are recent.  It has a beautiful melody, but of course, I'm computer challenged so you folks will just have to enjoy the lyrics!  

Times have passed.  We've gone our ways.  Days are like before.
And now I wonder how you are and why we chose no more.  
You're like a candle flickering...pulsing dark to light. 
You're in and out of all my thoughts and with me in the night.

Do you think of me when your day is over?
Do you think of me when the sunlight reappears?
Do you hear my voice when you're walking to the mailbox?
Do you think of me?     Do you think of me?

There are words I hear over and over.
There are times I wish all of this wasn't so.
Our long talks I'll always remember
And there are days when my heart won't let go. 

Do you think of me when the moon comes through your window?
Do you see my face when the daffodils bloom in the spring?
Do I cross your mind when a train calls from the distance?
Do you think of me?  
Do you think of me?  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....this song has daffodils in it.  Maybe this should be the one I sing at the reunion.
Oh well, plenty of time to think about that one.  
Really....if I could just get ADELE to sing it....or NORA JONES.....
Hmmmmmm


Also, any of you have song ideas for me....holler. I have taken some of my brother's writing and gleaned songs from them.  Also the news....




No comments: