Thursday, March 12, 2020

"DAFFODILS"

Here are the lyrics of a song I wrote and hope to sing for my GHS Class of 1970 50th Reunion to happy the weekend of May 10th.  Enjoy




From the time I was young...I remember the springtime
And the dots of yellow by the road
Sometime they just couldn't wait for the spring,
So they pushed their little heads through the snow.

It brings back a warmness and a smile on my face
When I think of that time of year.
People I know....People I cherish 
People I'll always hold dear.

CHORUS:
I'll meet you where the daffodils bloom
In the spring, maybe late...maybe soon.
The fields of yellow are on my mind.
I'll meet you where the daffodils bloom.

Pleasure is fickle...it comes and it goes
Like the tide of the Chesapeake Bay.
But I can be certain when spring rolls around
That yellow will brighten my day.

Perfection in this world's not easy to find
But I know just right where to go.
It's over the river and up the highway
Where the lovely daffodils grow

CHORUS:
I'll meet you where the daffodils bloom
In the spring, maybe late...maybe soon.
The fields of yellow are on my mind
I'll meet you where the daffodils bloom.  

No comments: